1/26/2015 Vol. 17 - No. 39
- Featured Stories
Party on, Super Bowl
Hospitality providers stir up celebrities, food and music.
New York, New York
Jets sign fantasy sports pact with locally based FanDuel.
From court to courtroom?
ATP events retain sports labor law attorney Jeffrey Kessler in prize money fight.
New age, new agency
Sports marketer Chris Russo forms Fifth Generation Sports.
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Jets, FanDuel deal starts at Super Bowl
- Medallion starts sales arm, hires Downes
- NASCAR signs new sponsor in Ingersoll Rand, renews longtime partner Mechanix Wear
- Russo forms boutique agency
- Ticket discounter ScoreBig gets place in Ticketmaster system
- 12th men: Licensees line up to cheer for a Seahawks repeat
- Retreat introduces IMG to WME, and Lady Gaga
- On further review, Rothman will be back in truck for ‘MNF’
- Pereira, Trask to author books about their careers in football
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- ATP events retain Kessler in prize money fight
- Jones doesn’t waver in support of Kroenke
- A Silver anniversary
- Changes in sponsor sales pay off for Sporting KC
- Labor and Agents
- Wilkins connects with ex-Hawks exec, signs with Tandem
- ‘What is the Big East?’ Campaign has answers
- Events and Attractions
- ESPN, NFL lobby for changes in College Football Playoff calendar
- CFP ‘pretty close’ on hospitality estimates
- What makes a great Super Bowl party?
- In Depth
- Phoenix rising: Arizona preps for the Super Bowl
- It’s watch and learn for organizers of Super Bowl 50, then it’s on the clock
- Networks will run the spread offense in Arizona
- NFL licensees, fresh off records last year, expect big numbers again
- Sponsors focus efforts on downtown Phoenix
- Is the gap widening?
- Competition heats up NFLPA executive director election
- The NFL's year that was
- Cartoon: Autonomy Island
- Vinik’s ambitious plans find traction in Tampa
- Recognize value women bring to sport industry
- Atlanta offers example of how to make Olympic Games work
- Coast to Coast
- Coast to Coast
- People and Pop Culture
- People: Executive transactions
- Plugged In: Andrea Shaw, Twenty Ten Group
- Faces and Places
- Professional Baseball Scouts Foundation’s In the Spirit of the Game dinner and auction
- Mike Walker: From Disneyland to winning over Miami
- Research and Ratings
- How video game technology creates sports fans