6/20/2016 Vol. 19 - No. 11
- Featured Stories
An Independent streak
Sports agency relaunches as Burkle increases investment.
'In Pursuit of Greatness'
Wimbledon seeks big-event buzz with new slogan, ad campaign.
Hospitality home run
CAA Sports unit signs with MLB as event, hospitality partner.
Who wants a race?
IndyCar formalizes site selection with request for qualification.
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- CAA Sports unit signs MLB hospitality deal
- What does rise in bottled water sales mean to sports marketing?
- Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing’s new sponsorship packages offer guaranteed media impressions
- ESPN stays in the game
- SI plans to launch basketball-focused site at start of NBA season
- Grounded: Networks shoot down drones in live coverage for now
- The TV tech we’ll all soon be talking about
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- IndyCar formalizes its site selection process
- Vegas team to affect Kings, Ducks
- Braves break mold, build park and mixed-use at same time
- 4Topps prove to be a hit for premium section
- Braves’ Schiller-Plant duo gives 200 percent
- Tight geometry, destination dining also part of the SunTrust Park story
- Why builder Mortenson has long employed VR technology
- Labor and Agents
- Agency relaunches as Burkle ups investment
- Kentucky’s Skal Labissiere among signees for new agency
- Lagardère Sports adds to roster of golfers by signing top amateur player Rahm
- Game Plan, Wells Fargo help college athletes manage new stipends
- Events and Attractions
- Wimbledon seeks big-event buzz with new ads
- In Depth
- The $5 billion startup
- ‘Protect This House’ fired up UA’s marketing
- Envisioning a new multibillion-dollar headquarters
- 20 key moments in Under Armour's history
- What if? Imagining Kevin Plank without Under Armour
- Research: Ad sales and opinions
- Baseball Olympics backers hope to lure MLB to Tokyo Games
- ’24 bid committees gear up to woo IOC in Rio
- Team USA Shop in Rio to be available to public for first time
- USOC places real estate exec in new CBO position
- Mobile, millennials and (social) media: What they mean for sports content
- Player sanctuaries become newest recruiting tool for colleges
- How can teams convert fans from casual to fanatical?
- Cartoon: Summer of Soccer
- Coast to Coast
- Coast to Coast
- People and Pop Culture
- People: Executive transactions
- Faces & Places — Thought Leaders Retreat
- Plugged In: Alexandra Willis, All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club
- The Sit-Down: Jeanie Buss
- Video of the Week: Highlights from the Brand Engagement Summit
- Research and Ratings
- NHL sponsors mount fan recognition comeback