9/1/2014 Vol. 17 - No. 20
- Featured Stories
Lining up for Kickoff
NFL sponsors ready to activate inside, outside CenturyLink Field.
It’s all about the Chase
NASCAR’s comprehensive promotion includes March Madness-style game.
FanGauge app designed to give colleges in-depth look at fans.
NBC Sports to gather USOC, NGB execs for Seattle meeting.
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Busch, Boykin shake up business model with new marketing agency
- Startup water brand uses NFL star power
- Sponsors kicking off activation
- Young sponsorship sellers learn new ways to ‘yes’ at 5 Star
- Nickelodeon launching prime-time sports block
- Some surprises on top NFL media exec’s list of stories to watch
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- Risk on neutral site for title game rewards MLL
- For Chase, a March Madness-style grid game
- NFL, union fight effort to repeal blackout rule
- NFL looks for CMO after exec changes
- Teams line up for 3-D projectors
- Ping me at the Palace: Pistons add tech
- Labor and Agents
- Trask aims for spot on bookshelf; Pagano’s agent already there
- Gilbert: Firms back case for ending CBA
- NBC Sports to play host to execs from USOC, NGBs in Seattle
- Big South signs sponsors Utz, Kangaroo Express
- Schools turn to FanGauge for deeper data
- In Depth
- Sport or spectacle?
- Considering stadium options beyond Wembley
- London team would pose logistical challenges
- Sponsor roster grows as NFL boosts its presence in London
- Going long: the NFL’s global push
- Research: London games benefit fan development
- Want to make it work this time? It’s all or nothing
- How could London team shake up TV market?
- Former players share highs and lows of London
- Events and Attractions
- NBCSN to air new Ohno event
- Perfect timing: Citizen expands deal with USTA
- Wasserman builds around its endurance events
- Cartoon: Ready for some football?
- From ratings to Redskins: What to watch in the NFL
- Growth of a game: How tennis has changed, where U.S. stands
- When a loss is really a win, and the future of the NCAA
- Coast to Coast
- Coast to Coast
- People and Pop Culture
- People: Executive transactions
- Faces and Places
- Game Day With: Pat Wilson, Little League