1/15/2018 Vol. 20 - No. 37
- Featured Stories
ABC likely to join in bidding for ‘Thursday Night Football’ games.
VR in Vegas
What caught our attention at Consumer Electronics Show.
Arizona Coyotes working to improve standing, local ties.
ESPN’s Keri Potts an important voice on how to address sexual assault cases in the news.
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- NFL pitches playoff sponsorship deal
- ZipBlimp out to prove that it’s not just a bunch of hot air
- Boost Mobile returns to MMA with Bellator deal
- CareerBuilder Challenge drops ticket prices, boosts entertainment options
- IndyCar seeks $10M-15M yearly from next title sponsor
- Sports maintains dominant hold on viewership
- ABC likely to join in bidding for ‘TNF’ games
- ESPN’s Potts an important voice on tough topics
- AXS offering single transaction of primary, secondary ticket purchases
- Durso delays ESPN retirement
- Tech company gives fans ‘ultimate selfie’ from TV, game video
- Ten years in, Wirtz has made all the right moves
- The Blackhawks’ Rocky decade
- Coyotes work to improve standing, local ties
- Will Panthers’ sale price suffer amid challenges facing NFL?
- Labor and Agents
- Roc Nation’s Miale adds to NFL client roster with RB Barkley
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- Heat, Raptors earn inclusion acclaim
- ESPN ignores recent noise
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium struggles with logistics, long lines
- ’Dawgs snatch up, buy out premium packages
- Seen and heard at the championship
- ’Bama’s championship logo celebrates its 17 titles
- Learfield-IMG College deal moves along
- First Look: Atlanta’s big stage
- In Depth
- 10 stories that will define the future of ticketing
- 1. The NFL’s new ticketing deals with Ticketmaster and StubHub
- 2. SeatGeek enters the big four leagues with deals with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans. Is there more to come?
- 3. Vivid Seats’ active dealmaking
- 4. Who will be the new StubHub president?
- 5. What’s next for MLB’s Ballpark Pass products?
- 6. Growth of ticket consolidators across sports
- 7. Arrival of Ticketmaster’s Verified Fan to sports
- 8. Maturation of minor league sports ticketing
- 9. Nathan Hubbard’s stealth project
- 10. AXS blends primary and secondary ticketing
- StubHub's top-purchased, highest-priced events
- What caught our attention at CES
- Doubts persist on future of virtual reality
- Speedskating, UA on track after 2014 debacle
- On approach: Olympics, and a digital upgrade for SBJ in a milestone year
- How Three Musketeers’ credo could turn perception of NFL
- Play smart defense in wake of NCAA scandal
- Cartoon: The dinner table
- People and Pop Culture
- People: Executive transactions
- Plugged In: Sloane Kelley, PGA Tour
- Faces and Places
- In The Office: Bleacher Report, New York