10/21/2016 Vol. 23 - No. 30
- Featured Stories
Ironing Out The Details
Sources: NBA, NBPA on the verge of finalizing a new CBA.
On The Cusp
FS1 sets ratings record for NLCS Game 5, as Cubs double Bears viewers in Chicago.
Revs owner still at odds with local officials about stadium.
A congressional committee ponders new gambling laws to address sports betting, DFS.
What Ratings Problem?
CBS' SEC football package sees a 12% viewership increase.
The News At Noon
Could ESPN replace "His & Hers" with Jones, Torre?
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- ISC Renews Deal With Geico That Includes Naming Rights To Restart Zones At 11 Tracks
- MetLife Ending Use Of Blimps At Sporting Events, Reviewing Other Sponsorships
- Utah Sees Added Revenue, More Personal Attention As Factors In Under Armour Extension
- QB Scramble: Russell Wilson's Off-Field Ambitions Seen In Growing Business Portfolio
- Marketplace Roundup
- FS1 Gets Record Overnight Rating For Cubs-Dodgers Game 5; Strong Figure In Chicago
- CBS/NFL Net See Sharp Drop For Bears-Packers Week 7 "TNF," But Still Win Primetime
- Audience Analysis: CBS, NBC Seeing College Football Gains; NASCAR Has Kansas Low
- Media Notes
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- NFL Reopens Investigation Into Giants K Josh Brown In Wake Of Domestic Violence Admission
- Sources: NBA, NBPA On Verge Of New CBA; Deal Could Be Finalized In A Few Weeks
- Manfred, MLBPA Expect League's Domestic Violence Policy To Evolve With New CBA
- NBA Kings Buy Controlling Interest In D-League Affiliate Reno Bighorns
- Robert Kraft Wants To Build New Revolution Stadium In Boston, Though Talks Still Far Apart
- United Airlines Becomes Founding Partner At Warriors' New Chase Center In S.F.
- MLB Rangers Move Up Development On Texas Live! Complex Across From Globe Life Park
- Maryland Raises Half Its Goal For Cole Field House, First Phase To Be Done In May
- Facility Notes
- Events and Attractions
- Sunday's Heritage Classic In Winnipeg Serves As Payoff For Jets Following Return To City
- Sports in Society
- Congressional Committee Reviewing Gambling Laws That Could Affect Sports Betting
- People and Pop Culture
- Buyers & Sellers: Donovan Lists La Jolla Home; Dodgers' Maeda Buys In Santa Monica
- Weekend Plans With Red Bull VP Sean Eggert: Motocross, F1 U.S. Grand Prix, Cubs
- Executive Transactions
- Names In The News
- We Want To Hear From You: Cast Your Vote In The '16 SBJ/SBD Reader Survey
- 2016 Sports Marketing Symposium: November 9-10, Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
- Classified Advertisements
- SBJ In-Depth: Facilities: Hospitality