4/26/2017 Vol. 23 - No. 159
- Featured Stories
ESPN's Difficult Day
College, NHL beats heavily impacted by network's layoffs.
Football On Time
FedEx extends its long-running sponsorship of the NFL.
Young NASCAR drivers have opportunity to fill Earnhardt's void, but it may take a while.
A Song Of Ice On Fire
Record number of overtime games boosts NHL first round viewership for NBC Sports.
NFL expands gimmicks for day three of the Draft.
Where does Tiger's latest back injury leave his endorsers?
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- FedEx Extends NFL League Deal, Looks For Closer Ties With International Series Games
- Questions Arise For Tiger Woods' Top Equipment Sponsors With Another Injury Layoff
- NFL Players Inc. Moves Ride-Share Deal To Lyft; Players Can Use Social Media For Credits
- Marketplace Roundup
- ESPN Begins Process Of Laying Off Around 100 Reporters, On-Air Personalities
- ESPN Cuts Drive Discussion On Social Media, Become Trending Twitter Topic
- NBC Sports Sees Strong Gains For First Round Of Stanley Cup Playoffs Despite Obstacles
- Media Notes
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- Earnhardt's Retirement Leaves NASCAR With Questions As To Where Series Goes From Here
- WTA's Simon Defends Granting Sharapova Wildcard Tournament Entry After Suspension
- Orlando City's Kaka Tops List Of Highest-Paid MLS Players For Third Consecutive Year
- Manfred Pumps Brakes On Reports Bush-Jeter Group Buying Marlins For $1.3B
- Senators' Playoff Success In '17 Has Owner Melnyk Happy With Direction Of Team
- Future Home For Pelicans' D-League Expansion Team Narrowed Down To Six Finalists
- Canton Officials Break Ground On Centerpiece Hotel Of Pro Football HOF Village
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium GM Says New Falcons Facility To Be Ready By Early August
- Officials Begin Promoting College Football Series Set For Fenway Park This Fall
- Plans For $81M Upgrade Of Blue Jays Spring Training Facilities Get Partial Green Light
- City Of Birmingham Weighing New Downtown Sports Venue With NFL, NBA Hopes
- USA Basketball HQ Will Stay In Colorado Springs After Years Of Looking Elsewhere
- Illinois Hopes Chicago Marketing Helps Finances; Northwestern Planting Its Flag
- Events and Attractions
- Richmond Int'l Raceway Shifts Gears For Race Weekend Following Dale Earnhardt Jr. News
- NFL Draft Expanding Day 3 Gimmicks, Which Includes Selections From Space, Grand Canyon
- SMI Sees Attendance Revenue Drop In Q1, Event-Related Revenue Down Big
- Everfi, Which Runs Education Programs For Leagues, Raises $190M In Series D Funding
- People and Pop Culture
- Career Of Bruin Sports Capital's David Abrutyn Intertwined With Ovechkin, Capitals History
- Learfield Adds Gil Beverly For Collegiate Marketing, Jack Patterson For Social Media
- Minding My Business With Williams Martini Racing Commercial Dir Richard Berry
- Executive Transactions
- Names In The News
- Jerry Jones To Be Honored With Lifetime Achievement Award At SBA Banquet
- Classified Advertisements
- SBJ In-Depth: Facilities - Concessions