10/25/2016 Vol. 23 - No. 32
- Featured Stories
Prepare For Liftoff
With playoff viewership down 8%, MLB (and Fox) bullish Cubs-Indians will give boost.
Breaking The Bank
The Cavs are on pace to get "dreaded repeater tax" in '17.
Gimme One Reason
Oakland's hopes of keeping the Raiders rest with the Fortress Investment Group.
Off To The Side
NHL, players set escrow rate slightly lower than last season.
Brit Kirwan predicts financial divide in FBS will be its undoing.
Reach For The Sky
Phase II of Cardinals' Ballpark Village includes 29-story tower.
- NBA Season Preview
- NBA Poised For A Big Season With Superteams, Superstars Spread Across League
- Sources: NBA, NBPA Working On Seven-Year CBA Extension, Mutual Opt-Out After Six
- Many NBA Players Stressing Action Over Symbolism When It Comes To Social Protests
- Cavaliers May Face Repeater Tax Status In '17; Will Dan Gilbert Scale Back Spending?
- Under Armour, Stephen Curry Unveil New Ad Highlighting Challenges After NBA Finals Loss
- Ready To Launch: Rockets' James Harden Unveils Adidas Shoe, Clothing Line
- NBA Marketing Notes: Kumho Tire Renews With League, Set To Roll Out New Creative
- NBA Set For Big Season On Television With Start Of New Deals, Presence Of
- Celtics Break Ground On New Practice Facility Named After Late HOFer Red Auerbach
- NBA Names In The News: Warriors, TNT Pay Tribute To Sager; NBA TV's Ledlow Robbed
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- World Series Win Could Bring National Sponsor Opportunities For Young Cubs Players
- MLB Partners Including MasterCard, Chevy Planning Activations Around World Series
- Stewart-Haas Racing Signs Deal For Nike To Outfit Team Beginning With '17 Season
- MLB Postseason Viewership Down 8% Heading Into High-Interest World Series Matchup
- Alex Rodriguez Still Contemplating Full-Time Commitment To A Career As MLB TV Analyst
- Social Studies: NBC Sports' Luke Smith On Crafting F1 Content For U.S., Global Audiences
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- NHL, Players Set Escrow Withholding Rate At 15% For First Quarter Of '16-17 Season
- Indians' Dolan To Meet With Manfred After World Series To Discuss Chief Wahoo Logo
- Tigers, Phillies Among MLB Front Offices Bringing On Staff To Beef Up Baseball Analytics
- MLB Franchise Notes: Red Sox' Dombrowski Not Answering Questions About Hiring New GM
- Yankee Stadium Renovations Include Social Areas In Attempt To Draw Younger Crowd
- Phase II Of MLB Cardinals' Ballpark Village To Be Highlighted By 29-Story Apartment Building
- Sources: Fortress Investment Group Backing Lott's Effort To Keep Raiders In Bay Area
- Facility Notes
- Outgoing Knight Commission Chair Brit Kirwan Says Lavish Spending Could Hurt FBS
- San Diego State Names Former Official Wicker As New AD, Seen As Controversial By Some
- Events and Attractions
- World Series Tickets Continue To Set Records On Secondary Resale Platforms
- PGA Tour Expands Asia Swing With New Limited-Field Tournament In South Korea
- Under Armour Posts Slowest Sales Growth In Six Years During Q3, But Profit Up 28%
- SeatGeek Sues ScoreBig In New York Supreme Court For At Least $2M
- People and Pop Culture
- Axe Bat Sees Corporate Change To Operate More Independently From Baden Sports
- Executive Transactions
- Names In The News
- We Want To Hear From You: Cast Your Vote In The '16 SBJ/SBD Reader Survey
- 2016 Sports Marketing Symposium: November 9-10, Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
- Classified Advertisements
- SBJ In-Depth: Fight Game