12/15/2017 Vol. 24 - No. 69
- Featured Stories
The Force Awakens
Fallout from Disney-Fox deal: regulatory concerns likely to be raised; Rupert Murdoch drastically downsizes company.
The Empire Strikes Back
ESPN responds to criticism that it has a "toxic" work environment.
The Chosen One
Beckham's MLS team could be approved as soon as next month.
Attack Of The Clones
J.R. Smith the 2nd NBA player this week to don Supreme gear.
A New Hope
NBC Sports Group reports LPGA viewership this year is up 24%.
The Phantom Menace
NBPA, former Exec Dir Billy Hunter agree to settlement.
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Procter & Gamble, Kellogg's Choose To Not Renew Sponsorships Of USA Gymnastics
- Cavs' J.R. Smith Second Player This Week To Wear Supreme Gear During Game
- U.S. Bank Prepares To Capitalize With Activations In Minneapolis Around Super Bowl
- Colts' Disappointing Season Hurting Local Retailers; Secondary Ticket Prices Plummeting
- NBA Teams Find More Revenue Opportunities With Sponsors For 2k League Jerseys, Arenas
- Disney's Acquisition Of Fox' RSNs Through New Deal Will Likely Raise Regulatory Concerns
- What Does 21st Century Fox' Deal With Disney Mean For The Future Of Murdoch's Empire?
- Disney-Fox Notebook: Deal Seen As Counterattack By Media On Tech Companies
- Former Female ESPN Employee Describes "Toxic Environment;" Net Defends Anchor
- Wait A Second! Mike Francesa Closes Out Influential 30-Year Career At WFAN
- "TNF" Ratings Hit Season Low For Broncos-Colts, Down 27% Over Week 15 In '16
- People & Personalities: Joe Scarborough Escaping Politics To Host NBCSN EPL Show
- Audience Analysis: LPGA Up For NBC Sports Group In '17; Army-Navy Best Since '92
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- Despite Goodell Contract Extension, Jones' Fight Against NFL Could Keep Going
- Approval For David Beckham's Miami MLS Plan Could Come As Soon As January
- U.S. Soccer Set To Revamp Role Of President, Create GM Position To Oversee National Teams
- Cardinals Being Praised For Trading Piscotty To A's To Be Closer To Ailing Mother
- A's In The Mix For Season-Opening Japan Series; Not Giving Up On Oakland Ballpark
- American Indian Activists Pleased With Fake News Campaign Against Redskins' Name
- COTA Chair Says USL Austin Franchise Could Fall Through If Crew Relocate To City
- Univ. Of Cincinnati's $87M Renovation Of Fifth Third Arena On Budget, Schedule
- Facility Notes
- USA Triathlon Becomes Latest National Governing Body To Restructure Senior Staff
- Cal Chancellor Emphasizes Need For Revenue Sports To Be Competitive To Hit Budget Goals
- Louisville-Kentucky At Rupp Sold Out, With Secondary Market Prices Skyrocketing
- Oklahoma State Using Trial To Mull Whether Or Not To Sell Alcohol At Football Games
- Events and Attractions
- Minneapolis Host Committee Adds Mississippi River Zipline For Fans Attending Super Bowl LII
- Sports in Society
- American Cancer Society Launches Sports & Experiences Auction During Holiday Season
- People and Pop Culture
- NBPA, Billy Hunter Agree To Settlement In Lawsuit Stemming From '13 Firing
- Buyers & Sellers: Baseball HOFer Mike Piazza Lists Miami Mansion For $18.5M
- Weekend Plans: First-Year Knicks GM Scott Perry On Life In N.Y. And The Return Of Melo
- Executive Transactions
- Names In The News
- Classified Advertisements
- SBJ In-Depth: Sponsorship & Marketing