9/29/2016 Vol. 23 - No. 14
- Featured Stories
Cubs, Epstein finalize five-year deal; other key members of front office to get extensions.
Mondelez scoops up cookie, cracker rights to USOC.
NFL exec says planned game in China unlikely to take place.
Music For All Occasions
NHL goes way outside of sports to make Pandora's Heidi Browning its new CMO.
Obama discusses Kaepernick protest, sees both sides.
On The Come Up
UA takes latest Cam Newton ad campaign to Snapchat.
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Mondelez Signs Deal With USOC For Cookies, Crackers; Dick's Sporting Goods Renews
- Nike's LeBron, Durant Shoe Sales Sagging With Competition From Under Armour, Adidas
- To Infiniti And Beyond: Automaker Becomes Latest Sponsor At Braves' SunTrust Park
- Under Armour's Cam Newton "It Comes From Below" Ad Turns Into Snapchat Video Game
- Chips & Putts: Dustin Johnson Signs Multiyear Deal To Keep Adidas As Apparel Partner
- Marketplace Roundup
- ESPN Exploring Moving Mike Greenberg To Morning TV Show In "Mike & Mike" Timeslot
- Many Different Reasons Being Cited For Why NFL TV Ratings Are Beginning To Drop
- Boston Sports Radio Stations WBZ, WEEI Maintain High Local Ratings In Q3 Period
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- Obama Addresses Kaepernick Protest, Calls For All Sides To Listen To One Another
- NFL Exec Pessimistic About Plans For '18 Game In China, But Decision Not Yet Made
- Second Petition Filed Asking Supreme Court To Reject NFL Concussion Settlement
- NBA Replay Center To Be More Involved In '16-17 Reviews In Attempt To Speed Up Play
- Stewart Says NASCAR's Engineering Reliance Led To Frustration, Contributed To Retirement
- League Notes
- Stay Awhile: Cubs Sign Epstein To Five-Year Extension; GM Hoyer Also Gets New Deal
- MLB Franchise Notes: Cherington, Epstein Get Credit For Red Sox' Worst-To-First Turnaround
- Minnesota United FC Owner McGuire Quiet On Hold-Up For Construction On New Venue
- Facility Notes
- L.A. City Council Questions '24 Olympic Bid Committee's Decision To Revise Venues
- Fine China: NHL Could Skip '18 PyeongChang Games And Return For Beijing in '22
- Events and Attractions
- Oilers Want To Host Hockey's World Juniors, World Cup To Show Off New Arena District
- Jacksonville Sports Council Looks To Host Big Events In '17; Relocated NCAA Events Possible
- People and Pop Culture
- NHL Appoints Pandora's Heidi Browning As New CMO Amid Executive Restructuring
- Poll Shows Roger Goodell As Most Influential Figure In Sports; NBA's Adam Silver Second
- Going Off The Grid: Execs Talk Memorable MLB Postseason Moments, Color Rush Uniforms
- Executive Transactions
- Names In The News
- 2016 Sports Marketing Symposium: November 9-10, Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
- Classified Advertisements
- SBJ In-Depth: NBA Season Opener