10/24/2014 Vol. 21 - No. 31
- Featured Stories
The World Series is off to an exciting start, but are enough people tuning in?
Tee & Crumpets
Will NFL's broadcast of early London game start a trend?
Johnny On The Spot
Hart accepts Braves' overtures, named Prez of Baseball Ops.
Big House Gains?
UM lowers student football ticket prices amid sales drop.
Reading The Green
Callaway Golf beats revenue expectations for Q3.
Vehicle For Change
AutoNation to sponsor new bowl game, whose proceeds will partially go to cancer research.
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- AutoNation Sponsors College Bowl Game, Will Raise Money For Breast Cancer Research
- MASN Sees Spike In Ad Sales For '15 Season With Playoff Appearances By O's, Nats
- Football Success Leads To Rise In Mississippi State Licensing, Likeness Infringement
- SEC Players, Coaches Opine On Whether School's Brand Affiliation Impacts Recruiting
- Marketplace Roundup
- Fox Gets 7.9 Fast-National For Royals' Game 2 Win, Sending Net To Win In Primetime
- Broncos' 35-21 Win Over Chargers Delivers Second-Highest "TNF" Rating
- Early Morning NFL Game From London Will Serve As Experiment With New TV Window
- "NBA Countdown" Cast Set To Fill Void Left By Bill Simmons' Departure
- LeBron James' New Disney XD Children's Show "Becoming" Debuts Sunday
- Final Ratings: Notre Dame-FSU Gives ESPN Most-Viewed CFB Game Of '14 Season
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- Ray Rice Hearing Could Prove Costly For Goodell If Story Doesn't Line Up
- Could Absence Of Johnson, Earnhardt From Chase Eliminator Round Hurt NASCAR?
- William Foley Reportedly In Discussions To Bring NHL Team To Las Vegas
- Braves Name John Hart President Of Baseball Operations; Not Expected To Name GM
- Nets Offering "Loyalty Insurance" To Cover Losses On Resold Tickets This Season
- Senators To Hold Tribute, Have Tighter Security Saturday After Soldier Killed In Shootings
- Franchise Notes
- Galaxy, AEG Improvements To StubHub Center Include New Video Board, Locker Rooms
- NBA Formally Opens Giant Replay Center That Connects To All 29 Home Arenas
- Major League Gaming Opening Columbus Arena This Weekend, Its First Outside N.Y.
- Univ. of Michigan Lowers Student Football Season-Ticket Prices By 37.5% For '15
- Judge On NCAA Concussion Case Settlement Perplexed Why Non-Contact Sports Included
- Callaway Golf's Q3 Revenue Up Thanks To Lower Operating Costs, Market Share Gains
- Sports in Society
- NFL Attorneys Decry New Jersey's "Belligerent" Move To Allow Gambling, File For Injunction
- People and Pop Culture
- Paul Allen Pledges Up To $100M In Ebola Fight, Upping Philanthropic Charge Against Disease
- Weekend Plans With TWC VP/Sports Programming Alex Vermeychuk: Lots Of Travel
- Executive Transactions
- Names In The News
- 2014 SBJ/SBD Reader Survey Seeks Your Input On Sports Business
- Classified Advertisements
- Classified Advertisements
- SBJ In-Depth: Facilities Series - Construction & Design