10/31/2014 Vol. 21 - No. 36
- Featured Stories
At The Half
NFL remains must-see TV at the season's halfway point with CBS' Thursday night gamble paying off, while the league's controversies have not pushed away a large portion of fans.
Staying The Course
CBS maintains its commitment to "TNF" production even as the games move to NFL Network.
Leaving The Big House
Embattled Michigan AD Dave Brandon set to resign.
MLS' new L.A. franchise boasts a star-studded ownership group.
Not Buying It
NBPA's Roberts calls into question NBA's claim that some owners are still losing money.
Fox' David Neal stays connected to the news over busy weekend.
- Marketing and Sponsorship
- Nike Launches LeBron Homecoming Spot Featuring Cleveland Landmarks
- Stuff Happens: Chevrolet Taking Advantage Of Awkward World Series MVP Presentation
- Rapids Sue Jersey Sponsor's Parent Company For Nearly $500K In Missed Payments
- Spons-O-Meter: NYC Marathon Sports 26 Corporate Partners For This Year's Race
- Marketplace Roundup
- World Series Audience Finishes Down From '13, But Well Above Record Low In '12
- NFL Halftime Report: ESPN "MNF" Viewership Up Big; NBC, Fox, CBS Down Slightly
- NFL Halftime Report: CBS/NFL Net Thursday Package Draws Combined 16.7 Million Viewers
- NFL Halftime Report: McManus Still All In For "TNF" Despite Games Moving To NFL Net
- NFL Halftime Report: Ratings Unhurt By Season's Domestic Violence Controversies
- CSN Houston Ruling Allows For Creation Of New Network, But Comcast Appeals
- NBC Promoting Its Sports Live Extra Streaming Platform With New TV Campaign
- Bears Players Embrace Opportunities For Exposure In Local Media Marketplace
- Final Ratings: LSU's Upset Over Ole Miss Gives ESPN Its Most-Viewed CFB Game Of '14
- Media Notes
- Leagues and Governing Bodies
- NBPA Exec Dir Michele Roberts Disputes NBA's Claim That Owners Are Losing Money
- MGM Admits To Preliminary Talks To Bring NHL Team To Las Vegas Strip Arena
- IndyCar Could See Benefits Of Season Finale At Sonoma Before Start Of Football
- MLS Unveils Ownership Group For New L.A. Team, With Stadium Already Financed
- Royals Could Bump Payroll With Playoff Profits, But Moore Says Approach Won't Change
- Ballmer Ushers In New Era, Atmosphere For Clippers In First Game At Staples Center
- Hawks' Koonin Expects "Much Younger" Crowd After Team's Eventful Offseason
- Steelers Among NFL Teams Battling "Epidemic" Of Empty Seats At Night Games
- Franchise Notes
- Wilfs Appear To Have Leg Up Over NASL Club In Race For MLS In Minneapolis
- Hinkle Fieldhouse Keeps Its "Classic Character" After $36M Renovations Project
- College Facility Notes: Northern Illinois Plans Privately Funded Facilities Overhaul
- Michigan AD Dave Brandon To Resign, Ending Controversial Four-Year Tenure
- Univ. Of Colorado Faces Budget Shortfall Due To Slow Football Ticket Sales
- Sources: College Basketball Referees Disciplined For Unauthorized Web Access
- People and Pop Culture
- Weekend Plans With Fox Sports' David Neal: Parents Weekend, Catching Up On TV
- Executive Transactions
- Names In The News
- Last Call: Today Is Final Day To Participate In The 2014 SBJ/SBD Reader Survey
- SportsBusiness Saturday Launches This Weekend!
- Classified Advertisements
- Classified Advertisements
- SBJ In-Depth: 10th Annual SBJ/SBD Reader Survey